Sunday, May 20, 2007

Blessings

This has been a good weekend! Saturday was more of what Friday was, even got our entire garden planted! That is always a big job. Then I have to be patient and wait for it to grow! Sometimes I feel like a little child, constantly checking and rechecking for any sign that the seeds are growing! And every year I feel a very special kinship to God as I watch my baby plants emerge from the earth! These are entrusted to me to take care for a short time. Kind of like my children! I will post pictures of my new "children" when they decide to peak their little heads out.

I didn't get much scrapping done this weekend, but I hope to do some in the next few days. I will show you the results when I do. I took a picture of a georgeous sunset tonight, but I haven't downloaded it. That I will post tomorrow.

Tonight I walked around my yard in barefeet! It really is liberating you know? I thought about what I am thankful for. So here goes, my list of 5 things I am thankful for tonight -

1. My husband and his smile. Sometimes I don't see it often, but when I do, it takes my breath away (even after 30 years)

2. Chelsea. My youngest daughter brought to tears to my eyes tonight as I listened to her playing the violin at her recital. Has it really been 14 years since you were born?

3. My grandkids. They tickle my heart! Tonight I watched Grandpa and Daddy take Conner and Bailey through the fields on 4-wheelers and listened to their squeals of joy!

4. Asparagas. Don't even like the darn stuff. But it brings my family great joy to search the ditch banks around our home to find some. They brought home a huge batch tonight! So guess what we are having for dinner tomorrow?

5. Faith. Maybe I should say God, or religion. Whatever you believe, I am thankful for my church and the chance to worship each Sabbath day. I am thankful for the calling I have in my church, where I teach the 10-11 year olds. They keep me on my toes, but bring me such joy!

Well that's all for tonight! Hope you made the most of the day!

Chris

No comments: