Tuesday, September 6, 2011

A little knitting

We stayed home this weekend, worked in the yard, worked on the garage and just napped.  It was actually a very nice weekend.  I canned soom beans too, which I have been desperately needed.  Hope to get more.  My patch is late this years because we had to replant everything this spring!  Good Lord willing, and it don't freeze, we still should get what we need.

I also did some knitting!  I tried a shawl in a KAL on Ravelry and it stoked me, so I decided to try a fingering weight one that has lace.  I found this downloaded pattern on Ravelry and so I decided to try it.  In case you want to try it, it is the Holden Shawlette.  Anyways, I went and bought some nice yarn, Cascade Heritage, and started it last Thursday.  I spent about 2 hours a day as an average and I finished it yesterday.  So without further ado........................


I can't wait until this fall when I can wear it with my navy sweater and levi skirt!

Chris

No comments: