Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I thought yesterday was bad......

I guess I jinxed it last night! Woke up at 6:45 this morning to my phone ringing. It was Jefferson School District #251 informing me that school was cancelled due to extreme weather. You think? At that time it was 18 degrees below zero with a windchill of -35. Not funny! The high today was a whopping 8 degrees. Enough said.

Speaking of the school district, do you just love this automated calling? Within 5 minutes we received a call at home, on Gene and I's cell phones and an email, just to make sure we knew. Works kind of cool! I must congratulate the district on a smart choice in getting this system.

My day just got worse. Had to go to the doctor for my yearly exam. Just love it. I am really healthy, nothing wrong, but I still hate it. A necessary evil. And I have reached the age that I have to talk to her about things like peri-menopause, bio-identical hormones, and such (shudder). I don't want to get old! I don't want anymore children, but why is the option getting old? I can't believe I actually watched a show on Oprah about this last week. Yuk!

Oh well, good news is that I get to go get my hair done tomorrow. That is a GOOD thing! Color for sure and possibly a cut. I will post pics if I like it, okay?

Well I hope you stay warm!

BRRRRRRR.......

Chris

No comments: