Monday, January 26, 2009

Brrrrrr!

I hate the cold! I really do! I know, hate is a strong word. I used to chew my kids out for using it. Telling them that you can dislike something, but never hate it! So know that I take this seriously when I say I hate the cold! Tonight as I type this, it is 6 below zero. That's right, 6 Below ZERO!!!!!! It is not fair that it was sunny in Southern California today! Not at all! We have had snow, rain, freezing rain, snow and more snow in the last 3 days. The result? Snow covered roads with a solid inch of hard ice underneath it! Not ideal for driving conditions! Tonight I stopped at a stop sign (good huh?) and then tried to turn right (uphill) onto the Menan-Lorenzo highway. But instead of turning right I went straight; straight for the barrow pit on the other side of the road. I pushed the 4 wheel drive button and suddenly my Tahoe turned right. Then I began my tire spinning ascent up the Annis Butte. I did not take it out of 4 wheel drive until I was safely in my driveway. Oh Brother!

In case you can't tell, I am not a cold weather kind of person. Now mind you, I am better than I used to be! When I first moved to Idaho, I thought 50 degrees was winter coat weather. Now if it breaks 50 degrees I am in shirt sleeves! This is the only time of year that I miss living in Huntington Beach, California, where I spent the first 13 years of my life.

Oh well, I am accountant, so that will keep me busy for the next couple of months. And when I am done, it will be Spring! Woo hoo!

Chris

No comments: