Monday, June 4, 2012

Life's Changes

Okay, so it's been awhile since I posted.  Many, many things have happened in the past 6 months and this blog had to be on the back burner.  Life happens, right?

First of all we had a wonderful Christmas with our family surrounding us and our youngest daughter informed us that she was getting married.  At that time my focus sort of narrowed and I became obsessed with everything wedding.  That is until January when tax season started and our schnauzer, Toby got hit by a car and almost died.  He spent 6 days at the vets before coming home and many more weeks recuperating, but I am happy to report that  everything is fine now. 
So we persevered through tax season, and made decisions about the wedding.  Then when we hit April, we started talking about we should get another dog for Toby to have a companion,  because he still missed Missy so much.  We thought it would be fun to get a white miniature schnauzer for something different, since Toby is black!  A true set of salt and pepper, you know.  So we began searching the internet and finally found a couple of candidates.  The first one in Utah, wanted $1600, which was a little pricey.  The second, in Montana, wanted 2 references and a background check before they would sell you a dog!  Really?  But then I found Trish Buhmann in Evanston, Wyoming and I instantly knew we had found our little puppy!  She had 7 of the most adorable white schnauzer pups you have ever seen.  We exchanged pictures and personality descriptions, wants and desires, until finally we decided on this puppy.


Meet Angel Snowflake, although the angel part is a little misleading!  We have had her for about 6 weeks and she is permanently engrained in our family!  She is now Toby's favorite playmate, tormenter of my cats, and our little girl!   Although I am dealing with something I have never dealt with before, a chewing puppy!  She chews everything in sight, and is know to pull books and newspapers off tables and shred them to pieces and I won't even try to tell you what she does to a ball of Yarn!

Now on to the most life changing event this year.  Our youngest daughter, Chelsea Mariah Scott, got married on Saturday, June 2, in our back yard to Ronald Beaman, a wonderful young man!  We woke to clouds and rain, but it all cleared in time for our 12:00 ceremony.  Afterwards we had a luncheon for the guests and then later a reception at the church.  We are still gathering pictures, but here are the first few of our new couple!



Ronald Beaman and Chelsea Scott Beaman
June 2, 2012



This picture was taken a few moments after the ceremony, across the drybed, on some of our property.  It turned out perfect!

Lots of emotions have been flowing at my house for the past several months.  We officially became empty nesters last summer when Chelsea moved out on her own.  It was a lonely quiet time at our house.  This past Saturday just kind of finalized what I knew would eventually happen.  After 34 years of raising children, we are officially done, officially empty nesters!  There are moments when that is really a scary thought!  On the other hand, for the first time in 34 years, I don't have to take care of, be responsible for, or make arrangements for anyone else but Gene and I.  Kind of nice.

Lastly, are changes to my blog here.  When I started this blog several years ago, my main purpose was to share my scrapbooking.  However, you will notice that I strayed onto other things and really this has become a journal of our life, sort of.  I have shared with you, ups and downs, and epic events in our lives.  It really is about my corner of life.  And the corner has turned a bit. 

I have always loved to knit.  I was taught by my primary teacher when I was 10 years old and have continued on ever since.  When I pregnant with my oldest daughter,  I was bored, so I took a Family Circle pattern for a baby sweater, used size 8 needles I had since I was 10, bought a ball of yarn, then sharpened a pencil on both ends to use as a double pointed needle, and I taught myself to knit a cabled sweater for my unborn baby.  I was hooked and continued to learn about textured knitting, which I love.  Every member of my family has gotten, sweaters, aphgans, slippers and any number of items from me over the years.  It brings me joy (see the cartoon)


About the same time as I was learning more about knitting I wanted to learn to spin yarn.  My husband promised me that someday he would get me a spinning wheel!  Well last summer he did!  My love for him and my fiber knew no bounds!  This winter I acquired another spinning wheel, a travel wheel that can go camping or where ever with me.  My hopes are that some of my family will have a desire to learn with me and I will get a spinning buddy or two!

So the focus of this blog changes a little yet again.  Not so much scrapbooking, but occasionally the bug still bites.  Still about my family, because of course they are my life.  I will continue to share recipes from time to time too.  But now the main influence on this page will be my knitting, crocheting and spinning!  I will share with you as I continue my journey to perfect my art and learn about fibers and such!  I hope you enjoy the journey with me!

Have a an awesome Monday and do something that makes you smile!

Chris

No comments: