I like to share recipes! I love to find new recipes! Yesterday we had dinner for the entire family for Father's Day! It was nice! I made ribs and chicken drumsticks, in a special rub, slow cooked in the oven and smothered in barbeque sauce. Then of course we had to have corn on the cob and baked beans with it! And dinner wouldn't be the same without Tiffany's potato salad! To top it off I tried a new recipe from Betty Crocker (http://www.bettycrocker.com/?WT.dcsvid=MjA5NjQ1OTEyMwS2&rvrin=C28C686C-0A83-DC11-920E-00110A5B41E6&WT.mc_id=Newsletter_BC_06_17_2010_Non-GmailYahooControl) for dessert, Key Lime Poke Cake! Can I say it was soooo easy and sooooo good? It was!
Here is the recipe:
1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® white cake mix
1 1/4 cups water
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Key Lime Filling
1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
3/4 cup whipping cream
1/2 cup Key lime juice or regular lime juice
1 teaspoon grated lime peel
4 drops yellow food color
1 drop green food color
1 container (12 oz) Betty Crocker® Whipped vanilla frosting
2 teaspoons grated lime peel
Garnish, If Desired
Key lime slices
1. Heat oven to 350°F for shiny metal or glass pan (or 325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Spray bottom only of 13x9-inch pan with baking spray with flour.
2. In large bowl, beat cake ingredients with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour into pan.
3. Bake 26 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes. With handle of wooden spoon (1/4 to 1/2 inch in diameter), poke holes almost to bottom of cake every 1/2 inch, wiping spoon handle occasionally to reduce sticking.
4. In medium bowl, stir together filling ingredients (mixture will thicken). Pour over cake; spread evenly over surface, working back and forth to fill holes. (Some filling should remain on top of cake.) Refrigerate 1 hour.
5. Spread frosting over cake; sprinkle with lime peel. Garnish with strawberries, lime slices and lemon leaves. Store loosely covered in refrigerator.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): No change.
The only thing I did different was instead of the frosting, we topped it with Cool Whip! Let me say again, it is super yummy!
Have a yummy day!