Saturday, May 31, 2008

I am not that old!

Yesterday my youngest daughter, Chelsea, got her drivers license! If you live in eastern Idaho, I guess that is a warning!

I have this list I keep in my mind, one where I check off the last time I do things. You know, the last diaper I will ever have to change, the last kid to get ready for kindergarten, the last pinewood derby car I will ever have to make, so on and so on! Chelsea has been involved with most of those lasts. So now, just 2 months short of her 16th birthday, she can drive without her dad and I in the car. Another checkmark!

She was so cute yesterday. She asked me on the way home when she could get her own set of car keys! I looked at her for a moment and then said "When you get your own car sweetie!" She was actually surprised!

The next checkmark comes when my baby turns 16 in July! Slow down, I can't write that fast!

Cherish your family today, okay?

Chris

No comments: