Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas Pajamas!


Ever since I was a tiny girl, my Grandma Alvey made us pajamas for Christmas. Our family would all get together at Grandpa and Grandma's and we had a pizza party and opened presents. The adults drew names and traded gifts, but us kids always got a present from Grandpa and Grandma; pajamas! Actually, us girls usually got flannel nightgowns. I loved those nightgowns. Even when we lived in California and couldn't come for Christmas, grandma sent us pajamas. One year, when I was 10, she even sent my mom scraps so she could make a nightgown for the Barbie I was getting for Christmas. To this day, flannel nightgowns are like comfort food to me! When I feel crappy or sad, I pull on a flannel nightgown, wrap up in a blanket and read a good book!
Well now I try to carry this tradition on with my family! These are my 6 grandchildren! On the Tuesday before Christmas, we all gathered at our house, made homemade pizza, ate Christmas candy and exchanged presents. The adults draw names and trade gifts. And the kids have a couple of presents under the tree; pajamas and toys! I was informed that the girls all like jammies, not nightgowns, so I adjusted! Here they are! The girls, even 21 month old Maddie, are in High School Musical pajamas, and the boys in Optimus Prime (Transformers) pajamas! Just before this picture Maddie was crying, Conner madly running his RC mustang, Jesson his train, Bailey danced in her Cinderella dress-up costume, Sydney played away on her electric guitar and Sarah was headbanging in her Hannah Montana wig! But for one brief moment, they put their jammies on and smiled for Grandpa and Grandma!
I know I am in heaven!
Love,
Chris

No comments: