Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Some Down Time

Monday, July 2, was a scorcher! My husband and I decided that we would take Chelsea and the boat and hightail it to Ririe Reservoir, when he got home from work. Now from our driveway to the north boat ramp is 30 minutes. So I packed a picnc and the minute he pulled in the driveway at 7:00, we drove like crazy for the Ririe!
It was worth it! We parked at a floating dock about a mile from the boat dock and ate dinner! I took a picture of these sunflowers on the shore. I also took several pictures of the rock formations as we drove along. There really are some unusual outcroppings and even this butte. I was trying out my new camera and some of the stuff I was really just looking at for the first time!
Chelsea had her swimsuit on, but wasn't sure about the temperature of the water, and the sun was starting to set. In the end she just sat on the dock and relaxed, which was fine because that was what this night was all about!

We had the perfect spot to watch several wakeboarders go by. It was fun to watch them, even when they crashed!

Later on we came across a boat that had engine problems and we ended up towing them to the other boat dock on the other end of the lake. By the time we got back to our boat dock, we were the last boat in the water. But the moon was pretty full and it was gorgeous! I have never been on the water at 10:00 at night! We went home very refreshed and recharged! What an enjoyable, peaceful time!
Go and enjoy something today!
Chris



1 comment:

Lori Jolley said...

I love the photo of the sunflowers! Your outing sounds so wonderful and cool and relaxing!